EU citizens can apply for online or paper visa (not mandatory) or enter with their national identity cards. For the stays more than 90 days, they have to apply for residence permit with their passports. National identity cards are not accepted for the residence permit applications. Detailed information on residence permit will be provided during the orientation day.
1. Application Form
- You receive it after completing the online application on https://e-ikamet.goc.gov.tr/
For the Guidance for Online Application in English, please click here.
For the Guidance for Online Application in Turkish, please click here.
2. 4 photos
- Biometric, on white background
3. Your passport (National identity cards are not accepted for the residence permit applications!)
- Copy of the first page (validity date page)
- Copy of the entry stamp page
- Copy of visa (if any)
4. Copy of Residence Permit Card (disregard if you do not have a residence permit card)
5. Student Certificate
- You can take it from Student Registrar’s Office just take a number for Student Certificate first at the entrance of the building from the touch-screen after your course registration.
- Location: Purple/Number 1 in Campus Map
6. Acceptance letter in Turkish (ITU Erasmus Office will prepare it.)
7. A document that shows your address information and statement of income
- As ITU Erasmus Office will receive your residence permit cards, please do not change the address part belonging to ITU.
8. Health Insurance
- Click here to download the template. To get help for filling the document please click here.
- If you have private health insurance or if you already have insurance by SGK, do not bring the relevant file (above), only bring the originals of your private health insurance or SGK insurance policies.
- Please present the signed and stamped/sealed original of your insurance policy.
9. Receipt of payment from Tax Office for Residence Permit Card Fee
10. Declare and Accept declarations document
After collecting all these documents stated above, please get an appointment by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Should be original (wet signature) not copy
- Insurance company with a collaborator/branch office in Turkey
- Private insurance from a Turkish firm
- Turkish Government insurance
- The formular (an inter-government bilateral agreement) approved by Social Security Institution of Turkey (Sosyal Güvenlik Kurumu, SGK) like T/A 11, A/TR 4, CZ/TR 111...
- Should be in Turkish or English
- Should cover all kinds of treatment in Turkey within your study duration (with dates)
* For applying to residence permit, it is required for applicants' health insurances to cover the "Minimum Policy Content".
Minimum Policy Content
| ||Contracted Institutions ||*Non- Contracted Institutions |
| ||Annual Minimum Limit || Contributions || Annual Minimum Limit ||Contributions |
|Outpatient Diagnosis Treatment || 2.000. -TL || |
Insured: % 40
Company: % 60
|2.000. -TL ||Insured: % 40 |
Company: % 60
|Inpatient Diagnosis Treatment || Unlimited |
|Insured: % 0 |
Company: % 100
|20.000. -TL ||Insured: % 20 |
Company: % 80
*Non- Contracted Institutions: Institutions (hospitals, physicians’ offices, and the other health institutions.) do not have an agreement with the insurer.